The Tuesday after Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday: Giving Tuesday. It’s a time when you take all the gratitude that you’re feeling over the holidays and channel it towards your favorite organizations. The donations you make during this one day help fund all the projects we do over the year.
We know Giving Tuesday will look a little different this year. COVID-19 has impacted our community, and not everyone is in a position to give. But if you can, we hope you see the value of the work we’ve been doing to combat the isolation of the pandemic and bring together the aphasia community.
That work is so important that we made this video to let you know what your donations funded in 2020. Prepare to be amazed…
Support the NAA on Giving Tuesday
Highlights from this year:
- Helped almost 2000 people use our personality quiz to find activities they could do to practice speech from the comfort of their home.
- Led the #OneAphasiaAction project in March providing daily speech activities.
- Crowdsourced additional speech activities that can be done from home in June.
- Reached 700 new participants with our monthly, online chats.
- Continued our wildly successful Aphasia Threads posts, bringing together the stories of people with aphasia, caregivers, and professionals who work with people who have aphasia. We also released an e-book version of the first year of posts.
- Started our Champions pages, highlighting the accomplishments of our community members.
- Published hundreds of articles about aphasia.
- Reached 1200 affiliates in our database.
- Began an overhaul of our primary progressive aphasia resources.
- Offered users aphasia resources and support 800,000 times this year.
All of those things were made possible by last year’s Giving Tuesday donation.
So moved by our video that you can’t wait to make your donation? You’re in luck! Just click here and you can make an easy online donation that will fund projects throughout the year.
Not ready yet? No problem—we’ll reach out on Tuesday with a reminder.
Thank you in advance for helping us do this important work.