Best of 2020 Booklet
The National Aphasia Association had an incredibly busy 2020. What have we been doing?
Highlights of 2020
- Helped almost 2000 people use our personality quiz to find activities they could do to practice speech from the comfort of their home.
- Led the #OneAphasiaAction project in March providing daily speech activities.
- Crowdsourced additional speech activities that can be done from home in June.
- Reached 700 new participants with our monthly, online chats.
- Continued our wildly successful Aphasia Threads posts, bringing together the stories of people with aphasia, caregivers, and professionals who work with people who have aphasia. We also released an e-book version of the first year of posts.
- Started our Champions pages, highlighting the accomplishments of our community members.
- Published hundreds of articles about aphasia.
- Reached 1200 affiliates in our database.
- Began an overhaul of our primary progressive aphasia resources.
- Offered users aphasia resources and support 800,000 times this year.
Our Gift to You
And we’re not done yet. We once again have prepared a little gift for you; our way of saying thank you for all of your support this year. You can download our free PDF of some of our top stories from 2020 to print out or read on a digital device.
The PDF contains helpful tips, such as navigating the grocery store with aphasia and emergency preparedness (including a print-your-own aphasia card). You’ll find daily speech activities that you can practice from home, an overview of Coleman Watson’s aphasia film, and how to create your own intensive speech program. Plus, highlights from on-going projects such as our 1 Minute Aphasia Tips videos or Aphasia Threads.
Click the image below to get to our form so you can download your free copy today. And please pass it along to anyone you think may benefit from it!
Comments are not allowed