Voices of Hope for Aphasia reconnects people in the Tampa Bay area, living with aphasia, with their lives through innovative programs. Our programs:
- rebuild self-esteem through successful experiences,
- improve the communication accessibility of the community,
- foster communication in groups,
- provide training and tools to improve relationships with family and friends,
- and educate the public about aphasia.
We are a place where the voices of people living with aphasia are acknowledged. We work to provide the communication bridges that will help people with aphasia do the things that are most important to them, and take part in their own life.
Our 5 Programs are:
- Living with Aphasia – weekly group activities that encourage participation and support communication
- “I have aphasia – Now what?” Workshop – a two-day workshop for the whole family to learn about aphasia and gain skills in supported communication to use at home.
- Family & Friends of Aphasia – Support Groups and social outings because we are all affected and need support
- STARS Technology Program – providing hands-on training and support in the use of technology
- Max Adventures – Outings provide new and exciting activities for those with aphasia to get out and explore in a supportive and aphasia-friendly environment.
Call us at 727.249.1953 for more information or visit our website www.vohapahsia.org to see all our programs and a calendar of upcoming events.