- Book Club, Conversation Group, and a variety of other classes to support communication and life participation
- Improving Electronic Written Communication in Aphasia. Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is conducting a research study that will help us understand how to better treat writing and texting skills in persons with aphasia.Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Diagnosis of aphasia from a single stroke
- More than 6 months since stroke onset
- English-speaking before the stroke
If you should qualify:
You will receive 30 hours of writing therapy over a period of 4 weeks. You will be required to attend assessment visits before and immediately after the treatment, and at 4 weeks after the end of the treatment.
- Time Distribution of Computer-Based Script Training in Aphasia. We are currently looking for participants with aphasia for a treatment study lasting about 8 weeks. The purpose is to compare 3 different practice schedules.Conversation practice on the computer
No computer skills necessary!
7 visits to Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Have aphasia due to a single stroke
- At least 3 months poststroke
Please email Laura Kinsey ([email protected]), or call us at (312) 238-6163.