Adler Aphasia Center’s flagship location in Bergen County in Maywood, NJ. Our mission is to enrich the lives of people with aphasia, their families, and communities. Programs are facilitated by licensed speech-language pathologists and trained professionals. Conversation groups, technology programs, and wellness groups are designed to give people with aphasia an opportunity to:
- Practice and improve their communication skills;
- Build their confidence and self-esteem;
- Enhance their support network by making new social connections and learning about valuable resources in their communities.
Groups for people with aphasia: Two programs for people with aphasia are offered at the Maywood location.
- Full-service program: People with aphasia can participate in programs twice a week from 10:00 am – 2:15 pm. The Center also offers caregiver and family support groups.
- Aphasia Communication Group: People with aphasia can participate in programs twice a month for two hours. This group meets two Fridays a month from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
For more information on either program, contact Karen Castka at 201.368.8585 or [email protected].
Caregiver Groups: Two caregiver support groups are offered at the Maywood location. Caregiver groups are on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10:30am – 11:30 am. For more information on our caregiver programs, contact Meredith Gemeiner at 201.898.2193 or [email protected].