How to use Zoom to join Aphasia Cafe chats
Below you can find a step-by-step guide on how to download Zoom and connect to Aphasia Cafe video meetings.
BEFORE THE ZOOM MEETING
Download Zoom on your desktop, smart phone or tablet using one of the following links:
ON THE SCHEDULED DAY AND TIME OF THE ZOOM MEETING
(we recommend to begin the process 5-10 minutes early)
Join a chat
- Click on the link containing the Meeting ID code (9-11 digit number) that we sent you in an email/newsletter inviting you to join the chat.
- If you have already downloaded Zoom (see “Before you join a meeting” section at the top of this page), a small dialog box will pop-up. Please click on the Open zoom.us
- If you log in before the meeting has started, you will see a dialog box that tells you “Please wait for the host to start the meeting”. You don’t need to do anything further at this point. Just wait. When the meeting begins you will see the NAA host and other participants appear on your screen.
- If you log in after the meeting has started, you will see the NAA host and other participants appear on your screen.
- In order to participate in the meeting, you will need to turn on your:
- Video. To turn on your video click on the camera icon in the lower left corner of your screen, as shown below.
- Microphone (only when you wish to speak, please turn off once you are done speaking). To turn on your audio/microphone, click on the microphone icon in the lower left corner of your screen as shown below.
Leave a meeting
Click on “Leave Meeting” in the lower right corner of your screen as shown above.